Columbus Ohio Squadron One Program Information/FAQs
- Participants should bring a sack lunch and a drink, as a 1/2 hour break will be provided.
- You must be between the ages of 12 to 17 to attend, as our program is not geared toward elementary school aged students.
- Arrive on time, as you need to allow time to check in.
- The spring program lasts from 9:00 AM until 2:30 PM.
- Parents are not required to stay, but are very welcome. Anybody who stays must pay the registration fee.
- Everyone must register (below, when active) via EventBrite. The cost is $5 per person. Note - if you are a scout, do NOT pay Girl Scout Heartland of Ohio Council or the Simon Kenton Boy Scout Council, or you will have to pay a second time.
- Airplanes are very expensive and donated by companies and volunteers for your learning experience. You will be told when it is OK to touch an airplane otherwise it is NOT OK. If you are a Boy Scout and violate this rule, it will result in blue card forfeiture for the day and returning at a future date to complete the requirements.
BOY and GIRL SCOUT SPECIFIC INFORMATION
DO NOT PAY THE SIMON KENTON COUNCIL or the HEARTLAND OF OHIO COUNCIL. YOU WILL GET TO PAY AGAIN IF YOU DO.
- Each troop should designate a single UNIT COORDINATOR to register ALL scouts from their unit. ***** THE UNIT COORDINATOR RECEIVES THE PROMO CODE THAT UNLOCKS BOY SCOUT TICKETS. YOU MUST CONTACT YOUR UNIT COORDINATOR FOR THAT CODE. IF YOUR TROOP DOES NOT HAVE ONE, HAVE AN ADULT REGISTER AS THE UNIT COORDINATOR FIRST, BY THEMSELVES. THEY WILL THEN RECEIVE THE CODE. *****
- You must attend the entire time (You cannot leave for a soccer game for part of the program) to complete the program and receive your blue card. Units will check in as a complete group, don't leave your troop waiting.
- That person must attend the program and will be the only person who receives registration information, Boy Scout blue cards and patches will be distributed to the unit coordinator/Scout leader. The UNIT COORDINATOR will go to the registration table to pay and collect your ID cards. Boy and Girl Scout troops should check in as a single group. Troops should decide in advance who will perform this task. That person should register for the entire unit. NOTE: EventBrite will allow you to modify your initial registration if necessary to add or delete youth attendees.
- At the end of the program the blue cards and patches will be released only to the UNIT COORDINATOR.
- All Boy Scout registrants will be sent a 40 question pre-test in addition to background information. The purpose of the test is to ensure that all Boy Scouts have at least reviewed the merit badge book and have common baseline knowledge to participate in the stations. This information in addition to the Aviation Merit Badge Pamphlet should be reviewed IN ADVANCE. The GRADED pretest must be presented at registration to complete the program and receive a blue card.
- No test = No Blue card = No Exceptions. If you forget the test, still attend the program. You will be invited back to complete the requirements and receive your blue card.
- The UNIT COORDINATOR will be sent the answer key to grade the tests.
- Each boy must present proof of Scoutmaster's approval to take the merit badge. This is a BSA advancement policy. Normally the Scoutmaster does this by issuing and signing a blue card. Blue cards for this event are computer printed. Therefore, a form for the Scoutmaster to authorize participation is provided on the cover sheet of the test.
- Blue cards are computer printed. You do NOT need to bring a blue card.
- Just attending the program is not enough to earn the merit badge. Each scout must demonstrate knowledge and active participation at each station. The instructors are authorized to withhold blue cards and require a scout to return at a later date to complete the requirements.
Columbus OH Information
Welcome to the Columbus Ohio Squadron One Home Page. Your squadron commander is Sam Sahlin.
Our next program is scheduled for Saturday, September 15, 2018, registration is now open. All tickets must be purchased by Thursday, September 14, 2018.
NOTE: Refunds will not be offered if you need to cancel your attendance less than 7 days before the event. Please be sure to read the FAQs below before registering.